Defund Private Schools. Invest in Public Education
ALBERTA HAS THE MOST EXPENSIVE PRIVATE SCHOOL SYSTEM IN CANADA. IT'S TIME TO STOP PUBLICLY SUBSIDIZING PRIVATE SCHOOLS AND INVEST IN PUBLIC EDUCATION.
JOIN THE FIGHT TO DEFUND PRIVATE SCHOOLS AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
- Curious about how much in public subsidies the private school down the street gets? Check out our map
- Alberta has the most expensive private school system in Canada. See how we compare to the rest of Canada
- View and download the last six years of data on public funding of private schools. See for yourself
- There are 15 private schools in Alberta that charge more than $10,000 a year in tuition while raking in millions in subsidies. They're called the Elite 15
- The most elite private school in Alberta is Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School in Okotoks. They've received more than $20 million in subsidies since 2010-2011
- Clear Water Academy: A private school turned public school that charges $12,200 a year in ‘fees’
- Do you want private schools defunded and the government to invest in a stronger public education, then CALL YOUR MLA with our simple tool